Looking for the perfect dessert to bring to Thanksgiving dinner that’s both easy to make and undeniably delicious? Look no further! These healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are a delightful treat that combines the warm, comforting flavors of pumpkin and spices with the rich decadence of dark chocolate chips. Whether you’re hosting the gathering or simply contributing to the feast, these cookies are a crowd-pleaser that captures the essence of fall in every bite. Plus, they’re made with wholesome ingredients, making them a Thanksgiving indulgence that everyone can enjoy. Whip up a batch of these cookies, and you’ll have a dessert that’s sure to steal the spotlight at your Thanksgiving table.
– 1 cup whole wheat flour
– 1/2 cup rolled oats
– 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (canned or homemade)
– 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
– 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
– 1/4 cup coconut oil (or a healthier oil of your choice)
– 1 egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (70% cocoa or higher)
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set this dry mixture aside.
- Combine Wet Ingredients: In another bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, applesauce, honey or maple syrup, coconut oil, egg, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients, stirring until a dough forms. Be careful not to overmix.
- Add Chocolate Chips: Gently fold in the dark chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Form Cookies: Drop spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart. You can flatten them slightly with the back of a spoon if you prefer thinner cookies.
- Bake: Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown and the centers are set.
- Cool: Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy: Once the cookies have cooled, enjoy your healthy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk or your favorite hot beverage!
These cookies are a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth while incorporating the delicious flavor of pumpkin and the goodness of whole grains into your diet. Enjoy!
At TopDoctor Magazine, our mission is to foster connections within the health and wellness community, acting as a vital bridge between doctors and patients and facilitating collaborations between medical companies and healthcare professionals.
Our purpose extends to empowering our readers, providing them with the knowledge to make well-informed healthcare and lifestyle decisions.
We take pride in being the ultimate resource for interviews with health and wellness leaders, delivering trending medical news, and covering a wide range of healthy living topics.