When it comes to side dishes, nothing complements a main course quite like a medley of perfectly roasted vegetables. Not only do they add a burst of color to your plate, but they also provide a healthy and flavorful accompaniment to any meal. If you’re looking to elevate your veggie game and tantalize your taste buds, this recipe for roasted balsamic vegetables is just what you need.
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, baby carrots, bell peppers, and red onion wedges.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, dried thyme, salt, and black pepper. This flavorful marinade will coat the vegetables, enhancing their natural flavors.
- Pour the marinade over the vegetables and toss well, ensuring every piece is coated evenly. Allow the vegetables to marinate for at least 10-15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Transfer the marinated vegetables to the prepared baking sheet, spreading them out in a single layer. This ensures that they roast evenly and develop a delicious caramelization.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast the vegetables for approximately 25-30 minutes or until they are tender and golden brown. Toss them halfway through the cooking process to ensure even browning.
- Once roasted to perfection, remove the vegetables from the oven and transfer them to a serving dish. Drizzle any remaining marinade from the baking sheet over the vegetables for an extra burst of flavor.
- Serve the roasted balsamic vegetables as a vibrant and nutritious side dish alongside your favorite main course. They pair wonderfully with roasted meats, grilled chicken, or even as a standalone vegetarian option.
Prepare to be captivated by the enticing aromas and vibrant colors of these roasted balsamic vegetables. The combination of caramelized sweetness from the balsamic vinegar, earthy flavors from the roasted veggies, and hints of garlic and thyme create a harmonious symphony of taste on your palate. So elevate your meals with this delightful side dish, and watch as the roasted balsamic vegetables steal the spotlight on your dinner table.
At TopDoctor Magazine, our mission is to foster connections within the health and wellness community, acting as a vital bridge between doctors and patients and facilitating collaborations between medical companies and healthcare professionals.
Our purpose extends to empowering our readers, providing them with the knowledge to make well-informed healthcare and lifestyle decisions.
We take pride in being the ultimate resource for interviews with health and wellness leaders, delivering trending medical news, and covering a wide range of healthy living topics.